KYB Enterprise Incubator - Let's make ECD happen
Stop Press: The KYB Enterprise Incubator is proud to be included in the Jobs Summit as a private sector/business initiative and partnership approach that can be replicated for scale and impact.
 
Stop Press: The KYB Enterprise Incubator is proud to be included in the Jobs Summit as a private sector/business initiative and partnership approach that can be replicated for scale and impact.

ECD (Early Childhood Development) is recognised globally as the most critical building block in a child’s successful path through school and life. Investment in ECD is quite simply the most powerful investment in human capital that a country can make. Identifying crucial levers and optimising that investment to make the biggest impact is what we do best.

WOMEN-OWNED ENTERPRISES ARE AT THE HEART OF THE SOLUTION.

Women are integral to the delivery of ECD. In order to to reach more children - especially those children not currently accessing any form of quality ECD - South Africa needs more women in every corner of the country owning and running successful ECD enterprises. The KYB ECD Enterprise Incubator works together with ECD ecosystem partners to provide the right package to both kickstart ECD businesses as well as stabilise existing ECD businesses.

 

Smangele's Story
Nomsa's Story
Tt
Ff
Rr
Ee

It’s surprising what HELPS CHILDREN learn.

Building blocks come in all shapes and sizes, and it’s not just the colourful kind that paves the way to a child’s education. The ones that provide practitioners with safe spaces to run their ECD programmes are just as important. Government funding is available to ECD practitioners whose sites are registered and deemed safe spaces for children, but the requirements for compliance, while necessary, are costly. Private funding enables ECD practitioners to upgrade their facilities to comply with the comprehensive list of health and safety requirements, which in turn unlocks government funding and helps the ECD practitioner to build a sustainable business for themselves.

THE KYB ECD ENTERPRISE
INCUBATOR PACKAGE

 

Partner with us
KICKSTART

KICKSTART
SEED FUNDING to support ECD entrepreneurs through their start-up phase.

Grow

GROW
INVESTMENTS focused on stability and growth of ECD enterprises.

INNOVATE

INNOVATE
IDENTIFYING AND TESTING new products, investments, and services that will add value to an early learning entrepreneur’s viability, profitability, or sustainability.

SMALL CATALYTIC INVESTMENTS
THAT ARE A TRIPLE WIN

CATALYTIC INVESTMENTS

Successful women-owned businesses
deliver quality ECD

South Africa is closer to their universal
quality access goals for ECD

Corporates earn Enterprise Development points

Benefits

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING

Have a look at what we’ve achieved to date:
 

Kickstart

KICKSTART
Over 1300 ECD entrepreneurs kickstarted with seed funding

Grow

GROW
Over 1000 investments made in ECD enterprises to assist with growth and stability

FAQ

FAQ

 

WHAT IS ECD?

ECD (Early Childhood Development) is the portfolio of policies and programmes for children (under the age of eight years of age), their parents and caregivers. Its purpose is to protect and deliver the child’s rights to develop his or her full cognitive, emotional, social and physical potential.

WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES IN THE ECD ECOSYSTEM?

Only 20% of South African children have access to ECD. The ECD ecosystem is complex so our public private partnerships are focused on unlocking and unblocking the system so that the remaining 80% of children get the early start they deserve.

WHY ARE ECD ENTERPRISES CRITICAL?

Expanding access to ECD in community provides an opportunity for both woman-run businesses and the delivery of much needed ECD social services.

WHY ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT FUNDING?

ECD enterprises are a fantastic opportunity for women running their own businesses and earning an income while also providing a much needed social service for children - hitting the sweet spot of enterprise development.

WHY IS GOVERNMENT FUNDING SO IMPORTANT?

The Department of Social Development per child subsidy of R15 per day, is R300 a month. On average parents in poor communities are paying fees of R150 – the addition of the subsidy allows for improved delivery of ECD such as quality and quantity of food.

KYB Enterprise Incubator

For more information, contact Khanyisile Kgatla
or call 011.351.1551